Monday, November 16, 2009

No TV? What to Do?

Do you watch TV on the Internet?

I recently moved from North Carolina to the northern Virginia area. Just prior to the move my TV bit the dust. When I moved into my new home I had to make a decision: Buy a new TV, or not?

I opted not to get a new TV. I have been traveling quite a bit and didn't want to shell out two thousand dollars for the TV and another hundred bucks monthly for the cable service, only to not watch it.

I typically don't watch much TV, but I do like to watch sports on the weekends and some reality shows (I've been known to get sucked into Saturday Deadliest Catch marathons).

So, when I feel the urge to watch TV, or a movie, I have been resorting to the Internet. Most of what I want to watch is actually available on the Internet (it's still pretty hard to get streaming sports on the Internet, though).

I don't really miss not having the TV option. In fact, I find not having the TV option frees up a lot of time for more "constructive" things.

I think, eventually, we are all going to be watching TV in some form through the Internet. How about you?

Don't forget to sign up for Random Thoughts updates via email in the right margin.

Related Random Thoughts

Moving and Purging
The Importance of Social Networking Tools
Thoughts on Free Wi-Fi

No comments: