Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Full Circle Idiom

I'm a firm believer in the idiom that eventually everything comes full circle. However, my definition of "come full circle" is slightly different than most. There are two prevailing definitions:
  1. To make a complete change or reform.
  2. To complete a cycle of transition, returning to the point of origin.
While I agree with these definitions, my definition states: Eventually, everyone gets what they give. What I mean here is if you're consistently doing good, or bad, you are going to get that in return.

The key to coming full circle is to be consistent with your "giving." If you consistently give good, then you will consistently get good, and vice versa.


If you think of your actions within the coming full circle ideal, you're liable to be more conscious of your actions, and maybe give more good.


Related Random Thoughts:

Hearing vs. Listening
Friends Don't Owe
Responsibility

No comments: