Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The $100 Rule

Have you ever noticed that if you walk into a Target, Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, or any other retailer of choice, it's damn near impossible to walk out without spending a hundred bucks.

More times than not, when I walk into one of these retailers, I don't have any intention of spending more than a few bucks, or just browsing for the purpose of browsing and spending no bucks, but inevitably, I walk out with a few bags and, at least, a hundred dollars lighter in the wallet. I call this the "$100 Rule."

Now, many of you will probably bristle and say, "Well, I was just in Wal-Mart yesterday and only spent ten dollars..." Look at the overall history of your trips to the retailers. I would venture that you come pretty close, on average, to the $100 Rule.

It's not good, bad, or indifferent. It just is.

It doesn't matter what your intentions are, over time, the retailers are going to get your hundred dollars.


Related Random Thoughts
My Own Good Ideas

Moving and Purging

Friends Don't Owe

The '10 Minute Rule'

Don't forget to sign up for Random Thoughts updates via email in the right margin.

No comments: