Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Own Good Ideas

I always say I can easily talk myself into my own "good" ideas. I'm sure we all do this because it's what we do when we make decisions. Some folks are a little more deliberate with their decision making process, but we are all talking ourselves into our own good ideas.

Is talking yourself into your own good ideas a bad thing? I guess that's debatable. If you have a track record for making good decisions, then probably not. If you have a track record for making poor decisions, well, you probably know the answer. If you have no clue what your track record is, you probably have other problems.

I would venture a guess that those with a track record for making good decisions probably talk themselves into their own good ideas, but also bounce those ideas off of confidantes as a sanity check in their decision making process. I would also guess that those with a track record for making poor decisions, more often then not, talk themselves into their own good ideas, period.

It's easy to talk yourself into your own good ideas. After all, if you are only talking to yourself it shouldn't take much convincing. Just make sure your good ideas are in fact good ideas.

Related Random Thoughts

What's the Requirement?

Hearing vs. Listening

No Surprises

Moths to the Light

No comments: