Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Thoughts From This Week (March 6 - 12)

News

  • Toyota - Impending law suite + Mysterious acceleration problem = Daily 911 call for mysterious acceleration problem in Toyota Prius. I think some of these calls are going to turn out to be "Balloon Boy" episodes...
  • DC Public Schools - I listen to NPR in the morning, and recently I've been hearing advertisements for the DC public schools teacher association. The radio advertisements say something similar to, "Doing great things through teaching for students," or some such. Now, I know there are exceptions, but I think it's pretty well know that the DC public schools are bad. So why would the DC public schools teacher association be advertising how great they are on NPR? I wonder if it has anything to do with President Obama's support of teacher firings in Central Falls, RI, or the soon to be released list of the nations 5,000 lowest-performing schools?

No comments: