Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Web Tools for Staying Productive and Organized

I am an admitted web tool junkie. Put out a new wizbang tool and I'm all over it. However, there is a method to my madness when it comes to web tools. Before going crazy with a new tool, I must see the practicality of it. How will it make me more productive and organized?

Below is a list of tools I am using to make myself more productive and organized:

1. Gmail - I made a gradual shift from Hotmail to Gmail a couple of years back. This was difficult for me because I have had the same Hotmail account for ten years. Gmail is such a superior product, and the folks at Google continue to improve it.

2. Google Reader - Google Reader is the base for all of my daily read material. I am a voracious consumer of information ranging from national security issues, to pop culture, to fantasy football and reader makes it possible. I spend a lot of time fine tuning (adding and subtracting) my RSS feeds to maintain a fresh flow of relative and timely information.

3. Google Calendar - A great tool to keep your life organized, and keep you on time.

4. Google Documents - Google Documents has just about supplanted the Microsoft Office suite for my word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation requirements.

--The beauty of ALL the Google tools is their ability to synch with my iPhone.

5. Toodledo - My electronic brain. I'm a big list maker and Toodledo is my list maker of choice, and it has a great iPhone application.

6. Twitter - I just started using Twitter recently, so I'm still learning the Twitter ropes. I am using Twitter to connect socially, keep track of my thoughts, learn from others, and share my knowledge. Twitter has multiple iPhone applications.

7. Facebook - I use Facebook to communicate with old friends and make new friends. Facebook has an iPhone application.

8. Blogger - Much like Twitter, I use Blogger to keep track of my thoughts and exercise my brain.

9. Evernote - I am still learning the power of Evernote as an organizational tool, but I can see its power. Evernote also has an iPhone application.

10. delicious - delicious is a great tool for keeping track of your bookmarks if you are jumping from computer to computer.

These tools are but a few that I have found supremely useful. What do you use to stay productive and organized?

No comments: