Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tue Pic of the Day: Red Box



Have you ever seen these big, clunky, red boxes parked outside of retail stores? I've walked by them and wondered why anyone would want to rent a movie from them.

Well, a little birdy told me that it was an easy and practical way to rent movies, so today I rented my first movie from Red Box.

It was easy, and best of all the movie was only a dollar (as long as you return it by 9:00 pm the following night).

The way it works is you select a movie, swipe your credit card, plug in an email address (optional), and, just as if you bought a candy bar from a vending machine, out pops your movie. When you're done with the movie, you take back to ANY Red Box.

I've been a Netflix user for years, but I'm reconsidering that subscription because I have a Red Box five minutes from my house.

Don't forget to sign up for Random Thoughts updates via email in the right margin.

No comments: