Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tue Pic of the Day: Airblade


File this under: "Things That Work"

Okay, I guess I do go around taking pictures in restrooms. This is the Dyson Airblade hand dryer, and it's awesome.

Not sure about you, but when I go into a public restroom and see a hand dryer, and no paper towel option, I get a little annoyed.

What happens is you wash your hands, stand there for a couple minutes rubbing them together under the "dryer," only to walk away with wet hands.

Forget about it if it's a busy restroom; you'll wait for days to dry your hands. Everyone stands around holding their hands up like a surgeon who just scrubbed in, dripping water all over the floor, waiting for a dryer to open up.

Not with the Airblade. This thing rocks. It actually works as advertised. Still not as fast as the good old paper towel, but a giant leap forward from the tired, old-school hand dryer, and kind of fun to use.

I'm not a Dyson vacuum cleaner owner (I have an Oreck), but I know people who swear by their design. If Dyson's vacuums work like the Airblade, then Kudos to Dyson for their design and functionality engineering.

Don't forget to sign up for Random Thoughts updates via email in the right margin.

No comments: