Monday, January 25, 2010

Passion and Work: Do You Love Your Job?

Are you passionate about what you do for a living, or is it something you do because you have to pay the bills? Would you call yourself a professional, or do you just have a job? Is there a difference between working in a profession and working a job?

Some would say that the true mark of being passionate about your work is that you would do it for free. I don't necessarily agree with this because I consider myself passionate about my work, and I consider myself a professional, but there are days when I wouldn't do my work for free.

I do think it's important to find work that your are passionate about. After all, you spend a good chunk of your life at work, it helps if you enjoy what your are doing.

I also think that to be a professional you have to be passionate about your work, otherwise, you are just working a job.

Finding something you are passionate about, and actually earning a living at it, is difficult. It's wonderful when you do, though, because being passionate about your work, and making that work part of your life, adds an enriching layer to who you are.

No comments: