Monday, January 11, 2010

To-do List

In my post last Friday I wrote about the "Forgetful Mind." To combat the forgetful mind -- or as I rationalize it: I'm older, have more responsibility, which means more things to remember, and I can't remember them all... -- I make "to-do" lists.

I have a running to-do list of things, both personal and professional, I want to get done, and that list just keep growing. There's no way I could remember all the things I am trying to get accomplished without my to-do list.

Even without the forgetful mind I've always made to-do lists. At least I've made them since I have had to manage things to get done - probably starting in high school.

My to-do list process has evolved over time, but there is one constant: I have to have them typed/written on paper. I have tried to manage them electronically - and I do store them electronically - but, for execution, I need a piece of paper.

If I remember correctly, the human mind can remember about seven things at any given point - that's why a phone number has seven numbers. My current to-do list has thirty-nine items. Obviously, I'm not going to remember all thirty-nine items, and recall them when I need them most.

A simple to-do list system helps keep me on track.

Don't forget to sing up for Random Thoughts updates via email in the right margin.

Related Random Thoughts
Life As Business
The Battle of Wills
Do Something!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really your all post are interesting . I am wait for your new post . However need any kind bill acceptor
bill acceptors
bill validator , Ict Bill Acceptors , JCM Bill Validator , Pyramid Acceptors and MARS 30 Years Experience then we are ready to give you with these products with our fixed rate . You can see details on here : http://www.billacceptors.us/.